Yoga teacher training is a valuable investment as you grow your career. But trainings also come with a price tag, which can deter aspiring instructors with limited budgets. If finances feel like a roadblock, here are some ways to fund your training for less:
- Look for discounts: Many teacher training schools offer early bird discounts, student/military rates, and other deals throughout the year. Signing up with a partner can also lower costs. Check the training provider’s website and social media for promotions.
- Use credit card points: Opening a credit card with a signup bonus of 50,000 points or more can help fund some of your training costs when redeemed for statement credit. Just be sure to pay off the balance in full.
- Apply for scholarships: Leading teacher training organizations, like Marianne Wells YTT, offer merit-based scholarships and need-based financial assistance to make certifications accessible. Always ask programs about available funding support.
- Get certified locally: Opting for a high-quality training in your nearest major city cuts back on travel expenses. You get great instruction without plane tickets and lodging costs.
- Consider non-residential programs: Choosing a training that allows you to commute each day saves on lodging fees and meals. You sleep in your own bed each night to contain living costs.
- Barter services: See if the training organization accepts administrative assistance, cleaning services, web design skills, or other bartered services in exchange for a discounted rate.
- Teach discounted classes: Many studios offer free or reduced cost trainings in exchange for teaching a certain number of classes per week.
- Find a training partner: Sharing hotel and rental car costs with a friend who also plans to attend slashes your individual expenses.
With determination and creativity, you can make quality teacher training work within your budget constraints. Seek programs that offer financial assistance, and stay open to cost-saving solutions. A diversity of funding approaches makes achieving your dream possible.